Friday, June 26, 2015

Thankfully it's been an uneventful day around here. Cody has slept less, so of course he feels like  the day has gone by so slowly. He has been up a couple of times and made a few laps around the unit. He's also had another shower and a lot to eat! But the food is not coming from the hospital. As you can imagine, Cody is not impressed with the meals around here. So he's been lucky enough to have some outside meals brought in to him :)

The swelling in his face changes hour to hour. As some areas go down, others get puffier. Although Cody does not believe us when we tell him how good he is looking!

The plan is to go home tomorrow.

When the oncologist was in last night, we felt like he maybe wasn't as straightforward with us as to the significance of this diagnosis. When we saw the surgeon this morning, he held nothing back. The words that keep resonating in my head..."the tumor will come back"  "the tumor will take your life"  "the average life expectancy is 13-15 months".  He also said he fully expects that Cody will do better than that. And we all agree 100%. Although, "better than that" is not good enough for me. He is the person my heart beats for and the daddy of my babies, and "better than that" isn't going to cut it.

I'm just going to be honest, I have to be. This blog is going to get raw and it's going to get real. It's what I need to do for me.

4 comments:

  1. Cody and Holli-
    Please know that we are praying for both of you every day and night. I find myself checking this blog at least 10 times a day. My heart hurts for you guys but I have no doubt that Cody has what it takes to show those docs up AGAIN!! I would love to help out in anyway..please keep me in mind if you ever need anything. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference the Drs make. I choose to believe the Oncologist. Prayers, Frankiscense and lots of love will be our answer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/30/2015

    Prayers continue! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/30/2015

    Prayers continue! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete