Monday, July 20, 2015

It's late Monday night and by the number of "pageviews" on the blog, I can certainly feel the love. We had a lighthearted weekend. Saturday was Brewster Fun Days (i'm hoping to get a separate post up about that) and Sunday we celebrated the twins' birthday (a few days early). When it comes to birthdays, ok who am I kidding, when it comes to ANYTHING I like to be organized. I do a lot of planning for birthday parties and there is always a theme. Honestly, I think I do it more for me than the kids. But this year, the kids had to celebrate their 5th birthday party with a thrown together party. And you know what? It turned out just fine!! The kids had fun and I survived :) We were just thankful that we got to celebrate with our closest friends and family.


In "Cody news" we're working on getting his insomnia under control.  The dr. feels that it is likely due to his seizure medication, so we're just going to start out by trying Melatonin. If that doesn't work, they might be able to consider reducing that dose. However, the results of his EEG came back and it did show seizure activity in the right frontal lobe, so they're not sure that's the route they want to take either. We are getting very anxious about hearing back from Duke or starting chemo. Simply because we want Cody to be doing SOMETHING. He needs to get started on some sort of treatment. We hate to sit and think about what's going on in that brain...it plays on our emotions and heightens our anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment