Monday, August 30, 2010

Our first mini camping experience

Let me just say, I love camping!! However, this summer I got to do none of it :(   Not one single time. BOO!!  Although, even if I wasn't pregnant and didn't just have twins, I'm not so sure what we would have camped in since we threw our tent away at the end of last summer and don't have a camper........but I still desperately wanted to go camping.

Friends of ours were camping in Yankton this last weekend so Saturday afternoon we decided to pack up the kids, and everything required for a night away, and take a drive down to spend the evening with everyone. We figured it would get late, so we rented a hotel in Yankton as we thought it would be easier with the kids. We grilled, played bean bags, visited, and just hung out. It was great to sit in our lawn chairs and enjoy the outdoors.


It was sooo windy. We tried keeping the kids covered up and out of the wind or let them sleep in the campers, but this was Kenley wide awake wanting to see what this "camping stuff" is all about :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to go "camping"... at least for a little while this summer! I'm sure the K's loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to have you guys joins us this weekend! It made our camping trip complete to have the Finke's right along with us ;) We will see you in 2 short weeks, YAY cant wait!! LOVEYA

    ReplyDelete