Wednesday, February 29, 2012

28 weeks

Baby's now the size of a rutabaga!


Baby can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. His lungs are also mature enough that he'd probably survive if he was born now. Wow!

I've made it to the third trimester! Where has the time gone?!?


Pregnancy Symptoms I'm experiencing at 28 weeks:

• Trouble sleeping: I just can't seem to get comfortable once I crawl into bed. I'm kind of a "flopper" when it comes to sleep. I don't like to stay in one position any too long and I always enjoy sleeping on my stomach. Lately though, the only position I can get comfortable in is laying on my left side with a pillow between my legs and a pillow under my stomach. The problem is, I just can't stay like this for very long. When I lay on my back, my arms and legs fall asleep. If I lay on my right side, my arms and legs fall asleep. And we know how well it's working to sleep on my stomach at this point :(

• Shortness of breath: I'm still dealing with this most significantly in the mornings before leaving the house. But it seems to catch me off guard throughout the day too. Or, of course, any time I attempt to do too much with the kids.

• Aches and pains: I'm really not sure how I did this whole pregnancy thing with twins!  I'm amazed every single day that I was able to carry two babies!!  I do have to say though that I'm glad I had the twins first, because every time I want to complain, I just think about how much worse it was during my last pregnancy. Then I seem to gain a little more perspective and realize "it's not that bad!"  This pregnancy though, I seem to be having more circulation issues. At night, I will often wake up to a limb completely numb. And during the day, my right hip and thigh are frequently tingly and numb. He must be hitting some sort of nerve in there or something!

• Braxton Hicks contractions: lovely!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/29/2012

    Are you kidding me the 3rd trimester already?? WOW...
    Dareth

    ReplyDelete