Thursday, February 9, 2012

25 weeks

Baby's now the size of an eggplant!


That oh-so-handy sense of equilibrium is kicking in, and baby's learning to distinguish right side up from upside down. He is beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

I had my 25 week ultrasound and OB visit on Tuesday. I went by myself as Cody's sick days are already dwindling down and it's only February! At my ultrasounds, they continue to check out all of the organs and monitor baby's growth. He's growing alright!  Weighing in at 2lbs. 1oz. (putting him in the 76th percentile). They said he has a big head and a big belly. Already taking after both dad and mom :)

My placenta continues to remain close to my cervix (marginal placenta previa), but the doctor still feels confident it will move. They would like to have seen it move by week 32, so we have plenty of time yet.

I am still feeling pretty great. My heartburn has kicked into full force and I am taking Zantac around the clock to keep it under control. I'm also having a short period every morning where I feel very exhausted and am out of breath, feeling like a ton of bricks is sitting on my chest. Not sure what that's about, but it's usually at the same time every morning and goes away on it's own.

Here is the latest picture of our little peanut:

2 comments:

  1. Linda and Dale Nelson2/11/2012

    Can't wait to met the little man. Glad to hear you're feeling ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda and Dale Nelson2/12/2012

    OOPS I think I meant to say meet :)

    ReplyDelete