Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lately...

I'm not doing a very good job at keeping everyone posted as to what's been going on in the Finke household. I suppose it's time to share a little with you about what we've been up to.....

On April 24th, the last of our "group" celebrated their wedding day. It was beautiful. Congratulations Jeff and Emily!!!


Some back yard work. When we re-sided our house last fall we had to pull the deck away from the house and then that's where it sat...mangled/crooked/ripped apart...all winter long. Cody was able to find some beautiful weather to spend tearing it apart and cleaning up the mess. Although we're without a deck, it looks so.much.better.


Attempting to get some organizing accomplished. Our third bedroom in our house is basically an all-purpose room. Our laundry is in this room, and I've never been happy about our "system." It's kind of a throw-your-clothes-on-the-floor-and-sort-through-as-you-wash type system. But because it's a room we use often, we really needed to get things "cleaned up" a bit. Here is what I came up with. Everything is sorted. And the best part-no more clothes all over the floor.
 I LOVE IT!!


A visit from my sister and my niece Khloe. It was AWESOME to see them!! Khloe has grown so much from the last time I saw her. She is definitely going to grow up way too fast and having them so far away makes it super hard when they have to leave. She is just soo darn precious. Thanks girls for visiting!!


It's taken us a while to get the babies room cleaned out and in the process we've been working on preparing for a rummage. It's been so hard to get in that room, because every time we walk in there...we just stand there and stare at it. We've been stalling because we have absolutely no where to put the stuff that needs to come out. My family came over one day and helped me tackle it. We had so many rubbermaid totes around our house just piled with "stuff" that the only option for it, was to sell it. I just love this picture...this is where I found Cody that afternoon. Apparently he felt he needed a nap. (can you see him back there?)


FINALLY, we are starting to work on getting the babies room ready to go. Now that it's empty we are excited to get it painted and get the furniture in there. Cody absolutely HATES to paint, but this is one project that he has been looking forward to and has wanted to do all on his own. We'll keep you updated with the progress, but for now...the ceiling is all the further we've gotten:


And, if you haven't noticed...I have not been overly excited to be in any pictures lately. I am much more content being on the opposite end of the camera. But here is my latest "tummy shot" at 26 weeks. Holy Cow huh? The babies are certainly growing and I am becoming increasingly uncomfortable.


A couple of weeks ago, when I mentioned the terrible pubic bone pain that I've been experiencing and the dr. warned me that it's only going to get worse. I actually kind of laughed to myself because I thought "how could this get any worse?" Well, let me tell you.....it has certainly gotten worse!! I am finding it getting harder to walk and I already feel like I've got the "pregnant walk" going...yuck...I'm only 26 weeks! At night, while in bed, is the absolute worst. I have always been one who flops and turns during the night, and this is what causes me the most pain. It is so bad sometimes that I literally feel like I could throw up. Cody has been so great through it all...helping me roll over and get out of bed the "millions" of times that I need to get up and use the bathroom throughout the night.

But enough complaining...we'll get through it.

I have my 2-week check up tomorrow, the 6th. No ultrasounds this time, just a quick check. I will also be doing my glucose tolerance test to check for gestational diabetes.

So there you have it. A little bit of what we've been doing the last few weeks. I actually can't give myself much credit...that's got to go my amazing husband!!!

5 comments:

  1. Linda and Dale5/05/2010

    Thanks for the update! Holli, you look so cute. I think you need to keep the belly pictures coming. It's so fun, for us, to see the growing belly:) Cody, you look so good holding a baby, and what a cutie. It's so nice to hear/read all the good things Holli says about her amazing husband. And way to go getting things ready for the babies. The next 12 weeks will go so fast it will amaze you (maybe I should say the next 18+ years). Take care and don't over do. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/05/2010

    I agree with Linda YOU are SOOOOOOO cute with that tummy and of course the cute babies that are hiding in there. They will be here before you know it, can't wait. love ya all gary char keyane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Yous! Thank You for the update. Looks like things are really coming along! We need to get out there and see your progress ;) Hope we get to see you all this weekend but if not I hope everything goes smoothly ;) And that you enjoy your first of many Mothers Day!!

    We ALL love ALL of you

    Jason Heidi Coby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5/07/2010

    Sure wished I was able to help you paint Cody, I love it. Sounds like you two are really getting things ready. Sorry you are so uncomfortable Holli and I am sure it will get worse, but it will be well worth it in the long term. Just is going so fast for the rest of us, but I know not for you. Love you all Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5/07/2010

    I can not seem to get this to work again

    ReplyDelete