Wednesday, March 31, 2010

21 weeks

So here I am at 21 weeks, pregnant with twins. I never, EVER, thought I would be sharing my pictures for the world to see. But it seems like the further along I get, and the bigger I get, it is becoming more important to me that I document some of these life changing moments. And because I'm documenting them...I guess that means you all get to see too :)



I have felt like these last 5 days or so, I have just ballooned out and have felt very uncomfortable. Yuck. I have also been starting to notice some AWFUL pubic bone pain. Any activity that involves me lifting one leg at a time or parting my legs, lifting my leg to put on clothes, getting out of a car, bending over, sitting down or getting up, walking up stairs, standing on one leg, and walking in general tend to be very painful. Oh yeah, and turning over in bed is especially excruciating.

I also had my first "pregnancy leg cramp" last night...to be exact it was about 4:24am. I woke up screaming and it left me completely paralyzed. I have been noticing some mild cramping in my legs the last couple of weeks so I warned Cody and gave him specific instructions as to how to help me through a severe cramp. I was rolling over in bed when it hit me...and that's when I couldn't move. Cody took it like a champ. He woke up from a deep sleep, ripped off the covers, and was down at my foot to help me stretch within .5 seconds. What a guy!!

I am really looking forward to a few days off...5 if anyone is counting. Of course there are a million things that could be done around the house, but I am hoping for some time to just relax too. As I'm just finishing up, I can feel the babies moving around like crazy. I think I forgot to mention in my last post that I have now discovered their movements. It's still pretty faint, but I definitely know it is them, and I am definitely excited!!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/31/2010

    Look at how cute you are!!! Love it :)

    Aunt Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/01/2010

    YES U ARE POPPING RIGHT OUT THERE, BUT U DO LOOK VERY CUTE. CODY AND GRANDPA SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND COMPARE DR ING SKILLS. GRANDPA HAS BEEN DOING VERY GOOD TOO, PULLED THE CATHERATER OUT OF MY NECK AND IS CHANGING BANDAGES LIKE A TROOPER. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND THOSE PRECIOUS BABIES. HOPE TO SEE U ON SUNDAY. LOVE U ALL GRANDMA AND GRANDPA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/01/2010

    You look beautiful, and just remember it goes away quick and then you feel empty. So exciting that you can feel them now YAY! And I suggest you sit around and relax as much as possible (If nothing else the pelvic pain is a good reason). Oh I wish I didn't remember the leg cramping (potassium, eat more is what I was told) and I never understood why it happens at night while you're actually enjoying sleep, and not in the middle of the day.
    Excited for you!
    Dareth & Alyse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/05/2010

    Hollie they are as cute as you are. missed you sunday at mom & dads. their was a lot of baby talk, nobody was telling any of the big secerets though (what names have been picked out) bree and eric aren't even going to tell us if it is a boy or a girl.but I guess who really cares as long as the are healthy.Take care of yourself. gary char & keyane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/08/2010

    I bet you are as glad as I am that the time is half over. Just wait until 30 weeks then its almost done. Do we dare hope for a mild summer?

    I have to say one of my favorite things about being pregnant is the movement. It's pretty awesome isn't it! :)

    Angela Hunter

    ReplyDelete