Wednesday, January 21, 2015

i ask of you a favor

So, I have these friends. And although they may not know how special they are to me, they both have a special pocket in my heart that they fit right into.
 
They've had a curve ball thrown into their life, that has and is causing great pain and heartache. 
I think about them constantly and I ask that you pray with me for them.
 
I found this poem that hit me in the stomach. I hope I can be this kind of friend.
 
"Don't tell me that you understand,
Don't tell me that you know.
Don't tell me that I will survive,
How I will surely grow.
 
Don't tell me this is just a test,
That I am truly blessed,
That I am chosen for this task,
Apart from all the rest.
 
Don't come at me with answers
That can only come from me,
Don't tell me how my grief will pass...
That I shall soon be free.
 
Don't stand in pious judgment
Of the bonds I must untie.
Don't tell me how to suffer,
And don't tell me how to cry.
 
My life is filled with selfishness,
My pain is all I see,
But I need you, and I need your love...
Unconditionally.
 
Accept me in my ups and downs,
I need someone to share,
Just hold my hand and let me cry,
And say, "my friend, I care."
 
                     J. Hendel
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/02/2015

    That is a very wonderful poem Holli and so true, everyone handles things differently and we do not know how we would be in the same situation. All we can do is pray/ Love you guys and girls, Grandma

    ReplyDelete