Saturday, June 23, 2012

staying busy

*At 3 weeks, Paxton finally had his first bath. It was time for a bottle, so he pretty much screamed through the entire thing!





*At 4 weeks old, Paxton is our newest little camper. It's certainly not easy to camp with an infant, but we made it work the best we could. The kids had an awesome time. They ran themselves to exhaustion...our nights were awesome because of it too! Everyone slept amazingly :)




*This last week I had my follow-up appointment with the Urologist regarding my kidney stones. I went in for a CT scan and met with the dr. the same day. When I was last admitted to the hospital, the ultrasound showed a stone measuring at 9mm in my right kidney. The CT scan that I had done on Tuesday was showing the stone only measuring 3mm. This is exactly why they like to do a CT scan, because it is much more accurate and they can get a clearer image. So this was great news for me, no surgery! The stone is not anywhere where it should be causing problems, it might stay there for years or I might pass it on my own at some point...but for now we are just going to leave it alone. 

*Paxton has been having some issues regarding feeding lately and has just seemed soo uncomfortable. I brought him into the doctor on Thursday and he's showing all the classic symptoms of acid reflux. The dr. put him on zantac, so we'll see how it goes. It's hard to see your baby seem so in pain :(   At 5 weeks he weighs in at 12lbs. 15oz.

*Our summer is going by way too fast!  We have every weekend booked up until I start back to school in August. It's making me very emotional (oh yeah, did I mention that I'm still pretty emotional regarding every.single.little.thing!)

*Having 3 kids, ages 2 and under, is definitely not a walk in the park. I wish I could blog more often, but my hands are pretty full, literally!  I can't believe I have 3 kids! There was a day my heart was aching wondering if we would ever even be able to have any kids, now we have been blessed with three of the most beautiful children in the whole world. But I am definitely still adjusting! I often feel like I shouldn't be struggling so badly with only 3 kids. I mean, come on, everyone has 3 kids right? But I keep having to remind myself that they are all under the age of 2 and that's not an easy task! I guess that helps justify it for me, when I keep wondering why I feel like I'm running a circus around here! But I do feel like we're starting to get into a groove. Not every day is easy, but there seem to be more parts of the day that are getting easier. I wake up in the morning with a list of things I hope to get accomplished that day. But more often than not I don't accomplish a lot more than caring for the basic needs of my kids. Once again, I need to remind myself that it's a big accomplishment to simply keep my kids fed, diapers changed, bathed, safe, and rested! :) Above all (even if there are 4 loads of unfolded laundry and dirty dishes in the sink) I pray that at the end of the day our kids feel loved and secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment