Wednesday, June 6, 2012

total random-ness

Wow, I'm tired!

A friend of mine, well actually a friend of a friend, once described her life raising twins with...everything looking great and put-together on the outside, but on the inside it was pure hell! Now there have definitely been some days where I can't even make the outside look anything but pure hell :(  I know things will get better, it's just taking me some time to adjust.



Finally, at 3 weeks, his belly-button-stump fell off. I'm looking forward to giving him real baths now. There is nothing better than a freshly bathed babe!

 
*Paxton is exclusively getting breastmilk. With the twins I was never able to make enough so we always had to supplement several bottles a day with formula. But this time, my freezer is already starting to fill up, this is awesome!

*At 3 weeks now, we just bumped Paxton up to 4oz. of breastmilk. He just didn't seem to be happy after 3oz. and he was wanting to eat so often. He typically goes between 3 and 4 hours, however at night he is sleeping up to 7 hours at a stretch!!

*We've already had to bump him up to size 1 diapers. Newborn diapers never really did fit him that well, but it did work better around his belly button. So we finished off the newborn diapers that we had and at 2 weeks he was into size 1. Wow, my big Kenley girl didn't hit size 1 diapers until 5 weeks and I thought that was soon!


our little pac-man


*I have been soo emotional thinking about the fact that this will be our last baby. I can't believe how unbelievably sad that makes me (along with everything else under the sun that makes me cry)! I want to take in every moment of this little guy, knowing he will grow up way too fast and I'll never get these seconds back. oh dear, here we go again, bring on the tissues :(

*Because Paxton is only getting up once during the night, both Cody and I get up with him. I pump while Cody feeds. This is working out great!

*My "perfect" newborn is starting to develop some not-so-perfect "issues." The biggest difference I've noticed so far between him and the twins is his sleeping patterns. The twins would just lay on the floor and play until they fell asleep. They have always been awesome sleepers. This little guy, not so much! He typically doesn't put himself to sleep. He likes to be held to be put to sleep. And once he does go to sleep in your arms, he usually wakes up the second you put him down (unless you've gotten him into a nice deep sleep, which often takes a long time). Now I don't seem to be getting much done when all I'm doing is holding a sleeping baby. And at night....he's awful! He goes down really well at bedtime, but after his feeding he does not want to be put back into his crib! It takes a lot of work to get him back to sleep. Now here is where I'm thankful we're only messing with it once a night! 




 
*Since working on our house/yard, we had to unhook our air conditioner and pull it away from the house. Well, we Cody hasn't gotten it hooked back up yet! Now, I know some of you like the heat, but I am not one of you. I am an air conditioner kind of girl and chasing after 3 kids is making me one hot, crabby, mama!


This is one of their favorite things to do!

 
I made my own home-made laundry detergent the other day. From what I've read, this is going to hopefully save us some money on detergent since we seem to be going through tons of it lately.
While mixing everything, the smell throughout my house was totally worth it!! I haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know what I think :)





5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/06/2012

    Ref. the home-made detergent... I love it! We use it all the time, I made it back in March (I believe), and we have only used a little over a quarter of it and that's with some sharing! I will most definitly be making it again! --Dareth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara Zins6/07/2012

    Just started using mine and I love it!! No more worrying about running out of detergent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/09/2012

    Holli, don't think of him being your last baby, we all know God performs many miracles, I had a friend who could never have any and adopted, guess what after a couple of years and no IVF or anything else was pregnant. Also Barry and Sandy is a prime example, they were never supposed to be able to have any and have 3 very naturally. We just have to pray and if that is what God wants for you he will make it happen. If not just be thankful for the 3 healthy ones you have.
    I can imagine right now the twins are overwhelming, but I remember having 7 under 8 years old and it was a lot of days that way,but it is so worth it. When they get old enough to really play together it will get better, but I am not going to tell you they are not going to still be naughty and get into trouble at times.Love you all, Grandma and Grandpa, hugs and kisses for the 3 little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/09/2012

    PS need some pictures of all of them, am trying to update my wall. I tried to run some off the blog but that did not work. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6/12/2012

    Hey Holli! It looks like you're all enjoying the new little man! Love all the pictures! Also, congrats on the pumping thing...it's such a great feeling knowing that you're the prime reason that your little one is thriving! I absolutely love/d it! I hope it continues to happen for you. See you this weekend! Lots of love!
    Jeff, Emily and Beckett

    ReplyDelete