Monday, March 19, 2012

change

So I'll be honest with you...I'm kinda hating the changes going on around here.

I guess I'm that kind of girl. I don't do well with change. Even simple change.

The kids and I spent this last weekend in Brandon, visiting my sister and niece who were home for spring break (hopefully more on that later).  Cody stayed back in Brewster, because apparently we're going to have a baby in 9 weeks OR LESS and we are no where near ready to bring another baby into this home. So he was on a mission to tackle some projects we've been putting off.

He put up some window blinds to give us a little privacy...since most of our windows in the house are completely exposed to the outside world...and I haven't been a huge fan of that.

Our third bedroom upstairs is what we like to call our "office" and "laundry room."  Well, that is the room that is going to be made into the baby's room, so the other stuff had to find a new home. Not an easy task in such a small house :(

I bought a smaller desk for the computer and Cody got everything hooked up so we now have our computer up and running....in our bedroom!  I'm losing a lot of storage and filing space with this smaller desk, so I'm gonna have to get organized. Like, really organized. But we'll figure it out. It'll also be an adjustment when one of us wants to go to bed and the other one isn't quite ready to get off the computer :)

The other major thing Cody's been working on is re-plumbing our house (because apparently it wasn't done right in the first place...ok, mr. plumber!)  And also plumbing to be able to hook up the washing machine down in the basement. Remember our basement?  Gross...scary...dark...spider infested...GROSS!  Yeah, that's where I'm going to have to do laundry from now on. Oh sad day :(

So on Sunday night when the kids and I got home, he showed me everything he was able to accomplish in two days. I must say, he was a rather busy boy! 

But things are different around here. And being the emotional wreck I've been lately, I had to cry about it. I know I will be so pleased when the baby's room is done and put together. But now, it's a mess and I'm having a hard time thinking it's ever going to turn into a baby's room. We have a long way to go around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment