Thursday, March 8, 2012

29 weeks

Baby's now the size of a squash!


Baby's energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing beneath his skin. And since he's growing so fast things are getting kind of cramped in the womb.You’re probably already getting a little preview of baby’s personality, the more you feel him move. You might get some playful kicks and jabs, and start to feel little hiccups, too!

His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain – which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.



*I seriously feel as though I am as big as I was with the twins. But WOW, when you compare it side by side like this...I really wonder what I have to complain about!  In Cody's words "you were a big son of a bitch!"  (thanks honey, I can always count on you for words of encouragement).
My uterus was measuring 39 weeks at this point with the twins!


I had my 29 week ultrasound and OB visit earlier this week. Everything continues to look great. With the best news being that my placenta has moved up and away from my cervix, so I no longer have to worry about my marginal Placenta Previa and worrying about a c-section!!

Baby is continuing to grow! He now weighs 3lbs. 14oz. (82nd percentile)

His heartrate was 159

He continues to move like crazy!  He is sitting a lot higher than the twins. I never had any issues with baby-in-the-ribs...but I am this time. He's not hurting me yet, but he's just sitting right up there making it difficult to bend over. The worst I've noticed it was the other day when I was typing at my computer at work, and I couldn't lean over to even type. I had to sit back in my chair and try to work him down a bit. Little stinker!

Who do you think he looks like??

maybe a little camera shy?

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous mommy! I can't believe the difference another one of them in there makes... you were super woman to carry two!
    I think he looks like you... definitely :)

    ReplyDelete