Sunday, January 15, 2012

a yucky saturday

We came home this weekend to attend the baptism of some good friend's little guy on Sunday. We were home Friday night. Neither one of the kids slept well AT ALL that night. We were up a lot with them all night. Saturday my parents went into Sioux Falls to get a new computer and some groceries. Cody, myself, and the kids stayed in Brandon and after the kids had lunch we met up with my mom to do some shopping. We went to Scheels, made a stop at Taco Bell, and then headed to Gordman's. We were in there about a half an hour before both kids started throwing fits and wanting out of the carts. Cody took Kaden and started walking around and Grandma took Kenley out, and she laid her head right down on her shoulder like she was going to go to sleep. I wasn't too far away when I heard my mom say "Holli, come here please, Kenley just threw-up."  I looked at the floor and I couldn't believe that had all come from this little girl. As I was walking up to them Kenley started in again, and just puked and puked and puked...I don't know that I've seen soo much throw up, even from an adult!  (I know, a little graphic, sorry).  My mom was holding her and she was throwing up directly into her chest. This was an incredible mess!  I froze...I didn't even know where to begin to attempt tackling this situation. Cody went to get somebody to help clean up, I ran to get new clothes for Kenley and mom, Cody ran up front to pay for them and we made our way into the restroom to get cleaned up.

Cody NEVER comes shopping with us, but he had nothing going on yesterday so he thought he would hang out with us.  Thank the Lord. I honestly don't know how we would have done it without him to take care of Kaden.

We packed the kids up and headed back to Brandon, praying she wouldn't get sick again in the car. Both kids fell asleep on the way home, so we were in good shape.

For the next four and a half hours, Kenley continued to throw up around the clock, every 15 minutes. She however completely emptied everything in her belly the first time, so these dry heaves were absolutely miserable for her and almost unbearable for me to watch. 8:40 was the last time she had thrown up and she then went to sleep. We kept her on the living room floor and took shifts sleeping with her. She slept throughout the night and has been much better this morning.

We've been pushing fluids with her this morning and are keeping her on the BRAT diet. Hopefully it was a short-lived flu and we won't have to deal with it from Kaden. Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment