Monday, January 2, 2012

20 weeks...half way there!!

Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!



Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Baby is also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper.

I cannot even believe that I am halfway done with this pregnancy. WOW!  Things could not have gone any better up to this point and I only hope the second half goes as well.

We have our next ultrasound on January 10th, which is when we will finally find out the sex. We are both very excited. I think at that point is when things will really sink in. We are going to have to get started pretty soon rearranging our house to make room for the baby's room. This room is currently where our laundry is as well as our computer, so these things will have to be relocated. But I'm excited to put together another nursery.

Baby is moving around like crazy.  I can't wait until it's strong enough to where Cody can start feeling it from the outside. I feel like I'm already a lot bigger than I was with the twins at this point. The dr. told me to expect that because my uterus was soo stretched out the first time that it will expand very easily this time around. That's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/05/2012

    You make us all feel such a part of your lives Holli, I love it. Yes I agree every pregnancy you just get bigger although I am sure you will not get any where near where you were with the twins. Give those little ones big hugs and kisses from us. Come over, just not this weekend as we are going to see Megs new house and visit with them. Love you all Grandma

    ReplyDelete