Monday, October 26, 2009

October 26, 2009...so far, so good


The first couple days of injections have gone very well. As you can see, the needle we are using now is MUCH smaller than anything we have done in the past. It is smaller because this injection doesn't have to go into a muscle. It is actually given in my stomach, just below my belly button to either side. Although the needle is smaller and given in an area where I could give it to myself....I of course have opted to assign that job to my wonderful husband. I find having to deal with so many needles actually rather humerous at this point. For those of you who are familiar with my past fear of needles, you know the panic I would have at just the thought of a sharp object. For those of you who did not know that, there are literally no words to describe, as some might call, a "2-year old fit" I was known to have...yes, even into my 20's.  I am ashamed, but have come a long way. We have a lot of injections ahead of us, so we can definately both say we are thankful for my recent "maturity" on the matter.

1 comment:

  1. Linda, Dale and Dylan10/28/2009

    I'm with you Holli. I can't stand the thought of giving myself a shot. I can watch and be on the receiving end but I can't be on giving end. I give you both huge credit for what you are doing. KUDOS!!!! Best of the luck in the coming weeks and we are keeping an eye on your blog and saying tons of prayers.
    Lots of love and prayers

    ReplyDelete