Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 4, 2009...Round #2

NEGATIVE.... I guess we didn't have too high of hopes this round. Because we were only working with 200,000 sperm, we knew we didn't have a real good chance. It doesn't make the disappointment any easier to take though. I am sitting in Des Moines, hanging out with my sister, which is a good place for me to be to help take my mind off of things. I will be calling the doctor today sometime and see when I can get in for my next ultrasound. Cody and I have discussed it, and we are going to give IUI one more shot. If this next round doesn't take.......I guess we are on to IVF. We are soo hoping that we don't have to do that. Especially because I would just be starting back at school and an IVF cycle would be so demanding on our time and schedules. Everything is timed just precisely and we don't have a say in any of it. We have to go with my body and there are many appointments that would be involved in it. We are willing to go for it though. In the beginning, IVF seemed so far off yet and I didn't even want to think about it. But now here we are, getting closer, and we are thinking about it. And we are still willing to do whatever it takes. I'll keep you updated as to how the next few days will play out.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/04/2009

    Hey Cody and Holli-
    We're so sorry to hear that Round #2 was unsuccessful. Always thinking of you and am amazed by how positive and just incredible you two are. Jeff and I had a lot of fun with you two on Friday night! Looking forward to hanging out some more real soon!
    Love you both lots-
    Jeff and Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/04/2009

    Cody & Holli,
    We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. One day soon your journey to parenthood will start. I like your verse that you listed about God taking you through it. Very true. Enjoy your time with your sister. Its amazing what 'a little sister time' can do.
    Take care,
    Matt, Angela, Cala, Jake, and Ella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dale and Linda8/05/2009

    Hey Guys
    Sorry to hear this one didn't take. I was praying that it would. Keep the positive attitude and all the prayers will be answered in due time. You deserve it considering all you have both gone through. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers along with everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristal8/06/2009

    Hey, just thought I'd check out this new blog...I'm not so okay with no email telling me to come check, but you'll have to keep me informed and remind me to get on from time to time! Thanks for making the trip to see me, I can't tell you how fun it was to see you and how greatful I am for the things we got accomplished! Whew! Can't wait to see you in another week! Tell Cody hello!

    ReplyDelete