Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August 12, 2009...God will never make your life manageable, because then you would try to manage it!

Everything looked fine on my first ultrasound for this next cycle. The Dr. thought maybe we should have Cody do another semen analysis, just to kind of see where we are sitting again. He said it's kind of hard to know, with such low sperm counts, how long we should keep trying IUI. I shared with him that this would be our last attempt and then we would move on. After that news, he didn't think another analysis would be necessary, because if we move on to IVF, it doesn't matter what his counts look like. They put me on another dose of Clomid for five days. However this time, they upped my dosage from 100mg to 150mg...you wouldn't think that would be much, or at least I didn't think that would make much of a difference, but the headaches I have been getting from it have certainly confirmed an additional 50mg...miserable! The purpose of increasing the dose is to hopefully get more follicles to work with. The better the follicles, the more eggs that are likely to be released, and the more eggs that are released, the better the chances of those little sperm hitting something!! My next ultrasound is scheduled for Monday the 17th. I am assuming if things look good at this one, then the insemination would be scheduled for two days after that. We will have to see though. Our first one went like clockwork. The second one, not so much. It's certainly something we have come to realize that we can't predict and have learned to just go with the flow.


We are headed to Des Moines this weekend for the Iowa State Fair and hopefully a great weekend with the fam...we hope it's not too hot!! Kris and Josh~can't wait to see you soon!!!!!


You will hear from me again after my appointment on Monday............wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/14/2009

    GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete