Sunday, August 4, 2013

July...

Whew, what a busy month! Even though it's been busy, we've enjoyed it and we're sad to see it go.

*Paxton officially became a "walker."  He had been doing a lot of practicing, but his main mode of transportation was still crawling. At 13 months, he figured out he can get around a lot quicker on his feet!


*We always spend the week of July 4th at Lake Herman, camping with friends. What a great time!

*July 8th we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. Actually, we didn't really "celebrate", it was like any other day at our crazy house :)

*We spent lazy days by the pool:


 *Brewster Fun Days.  What can I say? ....it was fun :)
{here the kids are waiting for the parade to start}


*July 21st we celebrated Kaden and Kenley's birthday with a party at our house. We were so thankful for those who were able to make their day a special one.
 {Kenley got some new make-up, thanks to auntie Kris :) She pressed that tube of lipstick to her lips and round and round she went. This, I think, was her favorite}
{The day was perfect!!}


*July 22nd...Kaden and Kenley turned **3**!!
{because their birthday was on a Monday night (and we had already celebrated with their party the day before), it was only Kaden, Kenley, Paxton, myself, and Kris and Khloe. We were in Brandon (more on that later). But we decided to order pizza and have more cupcakes :)


 
 
 
*3-year well child checks:
I still can't believe my babies are three years old. I know I will forever be saying that, but my eyes well up with tears every time I think about it. Here are their stats at age 3:
 
Kaden:  weight: 33lbs. (65th percentile)
                      height: 37.5 inches (45th percentile)
 
Kenley:  weight: 39lbs. (97th percentile)
                       height: 37.5 inches (56th percentile)

I had some pretty hefty concerns, so our visit seemed as if it took forever. The dr. goes over each child individually. He starts and ends with one and then moves on to the other. So we are literally sitting through two individual appointments, so it really does get long. And it always seems so hot!

Things are at a stand still right now with some of my concerns, so I will save that for another post :)

*The last two weeks of July, my parents went on vacation. They left for Florida the day of the twins' birthday party. Some months ago, (I still can't figure out why), but my sister and I agreed to work for her and watch the daycare kids. So the kids and I packed up and spent the next two weeks in Brandon. Actually, the days weren't too bad, it was the single parenting in the evenings that I didn't care for. Cody and I have such a team routine, that when I'm by myself things tend to get a little out of control. It felt good to finally be back home and have our daddy back :)

*Larsonfest:  a good time always spent the last weekend in July with friends, close to home on some farm land. Words (even pictures) don't do this "camping trip" justice.
{this picture shows Kenley on the ground throwing a tantrum....and Marcus joined her}
 
 
*July 30th....we celebrated Cody's 32nd birthday. Grandma Deb was so gracious to take the kids that day and even kept them over night. I was still in Brandon, so Cody came out after work and we were able to go out for dinner and run a few errands - kid free. And it was awesome!
 
*July 30th...also the day that we said goodbye to Cody's sister and her husband. They apparently decided they needed to move across the country, to Virginia. We knew the day was coming, but to have to actually say goodbye was rough. They are fulfilling dreams of their own. And although we wish them nothing but the best, it doesn't make it any easier to have them so far away :(  Ok, I'm not going to lie, it literally makes me sick to my stomach to think about it. Plus, she's going to be having my new niece/nephew in a few short months, and that's really going to kill me!





So there ya have it, our July wrapped up in one long post. Of course I wasn't looking forward to August, because that only means a few short days until we have to enter the real world again....back to school, aggghhhh :(



No comments:

Post a Comment