Saturday, June 25, 2011

our summer schedule

This is the kids' schedule that we try to stick to.......doesn't always work that way!

5:30-7:00am:  The kids are waking up any time during this time frame

7:00am:  Breakfast  (oatmeal and fruit, 4oz. bottle) I hop in the shower before Cody leaves for work.

7:30am:  Cody leaves for work. I get the kids dressed (only if it happens not to be a jammie day :) )

7:30-9:00am:  Play-time

9:00am:  Morning naps. Kenley is fairly consistent with her morning nap and will typically sleep until 10/10:30. Kaden usually goes down a little later and doesn't sleep very long :(

10:00am:  Morning snack (4oz. bottle)

10:00-11:30am:  Play-time

11:30am:  Kids get in their highchairs while I work on getting lunch ready

11:45am:  Cody gets home for lunch
Lunch time (depending on my mood, they'll either get table food or baby food and 4oz. sippy cup)

12:35pm:  Cody leaves and goes back to work

12:35-1:00pm:  I clean up lunch

1:00pm:  Afternoon naps.  Again, Kenley goes down like clock-work, Kaden, it needs to be on "his terms."

1:00-2/3:00pm:  The kids will usually sleep anywhere from 1-2 hours.

3:00pm:  Afternoon snack (snack and 4oz bottle)

3:00-5:00pm:  Play time. Depending on their afternoon nap, sometimes one or both will go back down for another short, late afternoon nap

5:00pm:  Cody gets home from work
Kids get supper  (table food/baby food and 4oz. sippy cup)

5:00-7:00pm:  Play time, supper time for us, anything else that needs to get done that I wasn't able to get done during the day (now that Cody is home and I have an extra hand)

7/7:30pm:  Bath time, get ready for bed, 4oz. bottle

8:00pm:  Bed time.  Kenley typically goes down easily, Kaden is usually up for a while yet. He is still fighting sleep so terribly bad!


I am absolutely LOVING being at home with my kids this summer. It's awesome to watch them grow day to day and catch the times that they've discovered something new. These are precious days and I'm thankful I get to spend this time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment