Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Since becoming a mom, my life has changed in a way I can't even describe. I have been BLESSED with two of the most beautiful children...God knew exactly which two I would have picked :)  
I received this email last week and thought it was PERFECT!


Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not
my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind
and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child
so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night
watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because
I didn't want to put them down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small
could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel
to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond
between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the heartache,
the wonderment,
or the satisfaction of being a Mom

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom.


May you always be overwhelmed by the Grace of God rather than by the cares of life.

2 comments:

  1. Linda and Dale5/08/2011

    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to you Holli. You and Cody are truly blessed with two beautiful babies and of course each other!!! The email says it all. Can't say it enough...thanks for sharing the stories and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/08/2011

    Happy Mother's Day Holli! Thanks for making me tear up from that poem/email! Of course, hormones played a part in that right?! What a beautiful perspective from a Mommy! Have a lovely day with the best gifts..your babies!!
    Jeff and Emily

    ReplyDelete