Friday, October 20, 2017

lord, hear our prayers

We have a decision to make and I don’t know if I’m strong enough to make it.

Kenley has been on the waiting list for Gerard, the residential treatment center, since August. Gerard has a 45 day assessment period, and after that they will make a plan. Their average stay in treatment is 8-10 months. Greater Minnesota has a service to offer and a mental health worker has just started working with Kenley. At this time, I don’t know if their service is going to be “intense” enough (but that’s just my mommy feeling because I want things to be better/fixed NOW).   Then there’s the neuro-psych testing in Mankato that she will continue to do and there will be a treatment plan incorporated from him as well.  These last 2 options both have the goal of keeping kenley out of Gerard altogether.

However yesterday, we got word that there is an opening at Gerard and were offered an intake day the week of the 30th. We were trying to avoid this but now that this is an option, we need to act on it. If we pass this opportunity up, she would sit back on the waiting list.

I don’t know what the right answer is. I know that whatever we chose is not going to be a quick fix nor an easy process. I just want kenley back home, happy and healthy.

Please pray for guidance. Cody and I want to make the best possible decision for her and our family.

ps...I’m willing to hear your thoughts, so don’t hesitate to share. ❤️
pps...Cody’s mri looked “stable” today, praise the lord.


1 comment:

  1. I guess I am the only one to comment, but my opinion for what it is worth, would be to try the ones to keep her home and see how it goes if she can stay on the list for another time. I am sure it is a wonderful place but if Mankato or Greater MN can help the same way I would try that first. Like I say my opinion. See what they both say and what their opinions are also before you make the final decision. I think she needs her family together. Again my opinion. Love you all and are sending up prayers all day long for all of you. Good news for Cody though for the time being anyway, sending more prayers for miracles to happen. Hugs to all Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete