Sunday, December 18, 2011

a busy weekend

Early Saturday morning, my mom and I went into Sioux Falls and did some quick-last-minute-shopping. We were back in Brandon by 10:00 in order for my parents to go to Windom for our family Christmas. Cody, myself, and the kids stayed back because we had a birthday party for some friends whose little guy turned ONE!!

We celebrated with cake, ice cream, gifts, and great company!  We then ran a few errands and the kids napped in the car. Around 5:30 we continued to celebrate as the party moved to the Ramada. We enjoyed dinner and some more great time with friends. We were home by 8:00, the kids took a bath, and went to bed.

We leave for Florida in 6 days!! My parents gave us tickets as our gift, so our whole family could spend Christmas in Florida this year. My parents are driving and the rest of us are flying. I can't begin to tell you how excited we are! We still had some last minute things to get done before calling our packing "complete." So this morning, we were back in Sioux Falls finishing our list. We made a trip to the mall, both Targets, Scheels, and Wal-Mart.

I am a little anxious about this whole flying thing with 16 month old twins. It's either going to go really good or really bad...we're kind of betting on the latter. Today it was my goal to look for some things that will get us through our flights. We needed some fun snacks and new toys that will hopefully keep them entertained.

Tonight we are going to go out for dinner with my family to celebrate my birthday. After eating we are planning on taking the kids to see the Christmas light show at the Western Mall. Hopefully they will love it!

Then back to Brandon, pack up, head back to Brewster....and get ready for the week ahead.

Hope you all had a fun weekend and are ready to celebrate the Christmas season with your friends and families :)

No comments:

Post a Comment